RifleMan80's Star Trek Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ST vs SW vs SG vs BSG vs.. (AKA versus thread)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
deadthunder2_0
Ensign
Ensign
deadthunder2_0

Location : Hyrule- Kori Forest- in the treehouse with a dodong painted on the side

ST vs SW vs SG vs BSG vs.. (AKA versus thread) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ST vs SW vs SG vs BSG vs.. (AKA versus thread)   ST vs SW vs SG vs BSG vs.. (AKA versus thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2/2/2010, 9:04 pm

if i remember right the shields of the enterprise failed and the scimitar's secondary shields were down to 17%, and the phasers were down to 4%, and they were out of photon torpedoes, which brings up the point, what about Quantum torpedoes?
Back to top Go down
Nemphis
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: ST vs SW vs SG vs BSG vs.. (AKA versus thread)   ST vs SW vs SG vs BSG vs.. (AKA versus thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2/2/2010, 11:07 pm

I dont know i try to think of nemesis as a bad dream Let me make some thing clear before i continue arguing for the battlestar I do prefer Trek Over BSG But im tired of seeing how underestimated the tech is. I am not a scientist but i will normally find ways of backing my arguements

Although there is no evidence to support this there is no evidence against it If a photon torp is launched and is shot at it should react the same way a regular missile does and explode now the galactica and pegasus classes have a point defense system (Anti-Missile Turrets) How accurate these are i dont know but i think Torps would be ineffective.

As for the ships and sheilds collisions Didnt Dominion bug ships used to collide with other larger ships when losing? I would assume that their sheilds where down Before the killed themselves
Back to top Go down
deadthunder2_0
Ensign
Ensign
deadthunder2_0

Location : Hyrule- Kori Forest- in the treehouse with a dodong painted on the side

PostSubject: Re: ST vs SW vs SG vs BSG vs.. (AKA versus thread)   ST vs SW vs SG vs BSG vs.. (AKA versus thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2/2/2010, 11:22 pm

Odyssey-Galaxy Class-Destroyed, while shields were down by a dominion bugship
Unknown Vorcha classes-destroyed-Dominion ships rammed the ship after firing enough positron beams to disable, or weaken the shields.

Btw

ST vs SW vs SG vs BSG vs.. (AKA versus thread) - Page 2 Messag10

Last edited by deadthunder2_0 on 2/2/2010, 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nemphis
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: ST vs SW vs SG vs BSG vs.. (AKA versus thread)   ST vs SW vs SG vs BSG vs.. (AKA versus thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2/2/2010, 11:37 pm

The shields on the vorcha may have still been there and the strength would of been unaffected since small metal objects are not charged with any energy
Back to top Go down
deadthunder2_0
Ensign
Ensign
deadthunder2_0

PostSubject: Re: ST vs SW vs SG vs BSG vs.. (AKA versus thread)   ST vs SW vs SG vs BSG vs.. (AKA versus thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2/6/2010, 12:19 pm

also the ships colliding would have had a warp core breach, and the jemhadar ships might have had shields, so there is energy, in nemeses the brown norexian had lights on in it's wing, and everything uses energy
Back to top Go down
Nemphis
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: ST vs SW vs SG vs BSG vs.. (AKA versus thread)   ST vs SW vs SG vs BSG vs.. (AKA versus thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2/9/2010, 2:32 pm

How the hell is a piece of metal charged Bullets don't have sheilds or any thing fancy like that
Back to top Go down
Lionus
Ensign
Ensign
Lionus

PostSubject: Re: ST vs SW vs SG vs BSG vs.. (AKA versus thread)   ST vs SW vs SG vs BSG vs.. (AKA versus thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2/9/2010, 7:19 pm

I answer your question with question: how to make a piece of metal magnetic, and what is the primary idea behind a railgun that makes it work?
Back to top Go down
Nemphis
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: ST vs SW vs SG vs BSG vs.. (AKA versus thread)   ST vs SW vs SG vs BSG vs.. (AKA versus thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2/10/2010, 11:02 pm

A Battlestar doesn't use rail guns or anything like that it just uses those I cannot find any Reference's to a Battlestar ever firing any Rail gun rounds i dunno about TOS BSG since i haven't watched it But in the re-imagined no not at all

Lets recap the armaments of a Battlestar

Galactica class
514 dual point-defense Kinetic Energy Weapons, 24 primary dual Kinetic Energy Weapons, at least 12 missile tubes capable of firing conventional and nuclear missiles, Vipers, Raptors

Pegasus class
34 Primary Kinetic Energy Weapons (30 twin turrets, 4 fixed twin mounts) and point-defense Kinetic Energy Weapons, conventional missiles, nuclear warheads, Vipers, Raptors

Quote :
In fan circles, the battlestar and Viper weapons are sometimes called railguns. However this has never been stated on screen and a lot of evidence, like the use of chemically propelled rounds, points to them being conventional guns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ST vs SW vs SG vs BSG vs.. (AKA versus thread)   ST vs SW vs SG vs BSG vs.. (AKA versus thread) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ST vs SW vs SG vs BSG vs.. (AKA versus thread)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RifleMan80's Star Trek Forum :: Central Communications-
Jump to: