RifleMan80's Star Trek Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TOS Phasers/Torpedos

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
deadthunder2_0
Ensign
Ensign
deadthunder2_0

Location : Hyrule- Kori Forest- in the treehouse with a dodong painted on the side

TOS Phasers/Torpedos Empty
PostSubject: TOS Phasers/Torpedos   TOS Phasers/Torpedos I_icon_minitime1/23/2010, 9:22 pm

Remember when Kirk ordered Chekov to fire phasers, and a Photon Torpedo flew out of the torpedo tubes! Were those Pulse Phasers or Photons?
Back to top Go down
Neo
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year
Neo

PostSubject: Re: TOS Phasers/Torpedos   TOS Phasers/Torpedos I_icon_minitime1/23/2010, 10:25 pm

Well if you're talking about the one where the fight the Romulans BOP the whole episode, then its phasers set to "proximity blast"... thats the only time i can member... bounce http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Proximity_blast

Last edited by Neo on 1/23/2010, 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RifleMan80
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
RifleMan80

PostSubject: Re: TOS Phasers/Torpedos   TOS Phasers/Torpedos I_icon_minitime1/23/2010, 11:07 pm

deadthunder2_0 wrote:
Remember when Kirk ordered Chekov to fire phasers, and a Photon Torpedo flew out of the torpedo tubes! Were those Pulse Phasers or Photons?

Them were Phasers. The old Constitution classes used a R.I.M. Phaser emitter. This means that a constant beam is actually fired, but the real energy is pulesed. This delivers a much greater impact effectiveness than just a regular beam phaser of the time. This is why the Phasers on the old 1701 had to be recharged.
Back to top Go down
https://rifleman80s-startrek.darkbb.com
Neo
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year
Neo

PostSubject: Re: TOS Phasers/Torpedos   TOS Phasers/Torpedos I_icon_minitime1/23/2010, 11:19 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked wow rilfe you know youre stuff XD
Back to top Go down
deadthunder2_0
Ensign
Ensign
deadthunder2_0

Location : Hyrule- Kori Forest- in the treehouse with a dodong painted on the side

PostSubject: Re: TOS Phasers/Torpedos   TOS Phasers/Torpedos I_icon_minitime1/23/2010, 11:31 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Neo
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year
Neo

PostSubject: Re: TOS Phasers/Torpedos   TOS Phasers/Torpedos I_icon_minitime1/24/2010, 7:14 am

np man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TOS Phasers/Torpedos   TOS Phasers/Torpedos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TOS Phasers/Torpedos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RifleMan80's Star Trek Forum :: Star Trek Central-
Jump to: