RifleMan80's Star Trek Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Return of K-9

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cocolove
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

The Return of K-9 Empty
PostSubject: The Return of K-9   The Return of K-9 I_icon_minitime12/21/2010, 4:08 am

Outstanding! I’ve just watched the episode of doctor who dvd where Pertwee’s and Baker’s Dr. Who companion, Sarah Jane Smith (played by the lovely Elizabeth Sladen) makes a guest cameo appearance. And… and.. And… AND, K-9! Replete with John Lesson’s voice to reprise the role.
I mean.. WOW! This is terrific! I laughed, I cried, I cheered, I applauded! When things looked rough for the doctor who series 5 , I shouted at my TV, “Bring in K-9!”, and sure enough my favorite mechanical pooch was there serving as the Doctor’s best friend, and many a best friend of many a child on after school television. What could be better? I saw a couple episodes previous to this, and was impressed with the production values, and liked what I saw. But, it wasn’t until this bit of nostalgia blast that this show, after laying siege to my heart with its upgraded and upbeat revamping of the classic series, captured my heart.
I willingly surrendered to not only the high gloss, but the core character of the entire doctor who season 5 dvd boxset, the adventurous, ever moral, ever smart, ever upstanding, ever caring, ever clever, never dying, always regenerating, and rather eccentric genius and all around good guy, The Doctor (a.k.a. Drax back on Gallifrae (spelling?)).
The Doctor I grew up with was not the dashing leading man of swash-buckle fair. No, he was your best friend in chemistry class. The cool instructor who was cool because he was so damn smart and wanting you to learn what he knew because he cared for you, and valued all living things. These are what make the Doctor such a magnificent character, and such an alluring figure for children and adults alike. He is the everyday hero whose smarts out-weigh his good-looks of which he has very little. Why? Because he doesn’t need them.
new season for doctor who has been reborn with great aplomb! The pacing was much faster and much more upbeat, and the production values are far improved from the video tape episodes of yesteryear that relied on video graphics and primitive video blue screen SFX. But, then again, that was part of the charm of the old episodes. The story and the characters.
The BBC has ratcheted up doctor who dvd set for a new generation, and I am very pleased to have seen it reborn.
You must see this! Now! Enjoy!

Back to top Go down

The Return of K-9
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RifleMan80's Star Trek Forum :: Central Communications-
Jump to: