RifleMan80's Star Trek Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Romulan Warbirds

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
deadthunder2_0
Ensign
Ensign
deadthunder2_0

Location : Hyrule- Kori Forest- in the treehouse with a dodong painted on the side

Romulan Warbirds Empty
PostSubject: Romulan Warbirds   Romulan Warbirds I_icon_minitime1/23/2010, 9:20 pm

I was thinking about the warbird, and then i thought, there were 3 warbirds, the X, the Melak, and the big DD, what was the class name for the X and what are the armaments of each, don't base this on Lc's warbird, but your own opinion.
Back to top Go down
RifleMan80
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
RifleMan80

Romulan Warbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romulan Warbirds   Romulan Warbirds I_icon_minitime1/24/2010, 6:37 am

deadthunder2_0 wrote:
I was thinking about the warbird, and then i thought, there were 3 warbirds, the X, the Melak, and the big DD, what was the class name for the X and what are the armaments of each, don't base this on Lc's warbird, but your own opinion.

I have never heard of the Warbird X. Gives me something to look up. I will get back to ya here on that one. But, of all Romulan vessels, I prefer the D'deridex. Menacing, armed and shielded to the teeth, swift, and fearless.
Back to top Go down
https://rifleman80s-startrek.darkbb.com
Neo
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year
Neo

Romulan Warbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romulan Warbirds   Romulan Warbirds I_icon_minitime1/24/2010, 7:15 am

i like the modern-ised romulan bird of pray(its at the bottom of the list of romulan ships in KM)
Back to top Go down
RifleMan80
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
RifleMan80

Romulan Warbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romulan Warbirds   Romulan Warbirds I_icon_minitime1/24/2010, 10:00 am

Ahh the Vas'kolahr or however you spell it lol. Its a weak little bird. But in my opinion, it wasn't designed for combat. More like the Tal'shiar shrike on Armada II, designed specifically for spy missions and reconnaissance. Her disruptors fire like there is no tomorrow though, and her shields are weaker than a shuttles almost , but as I said, its a specialized design.
Back to top Go down
Richie B
Honorary Admiral
Honorary Admiral

Romulan Warbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romulan Warbirds   Romulan Warbirds I_icon_minitime1/24/2010, 10:25 am

the BC2 D'voridex and d'deridex. Sheer Romulan beauty and danger
Back to top Go down
deadthunder2_0
Ensign
Ensign
deadthunder2_0

Location : Hyrule- Kori Forest- in the treehouse with a dodong painted on the side

Romulan Warbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romulan Warbirds   Romulan Warbirds I_icon_minitime1/24/2010, 9:02 pm

warbird x is the warbird tthat came right before the melak
Back to top Go down
RifleMan80
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
RifleMan80

Romulan Warbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romulan Warbirds   Romulan Warbirds I_icon_minitime1/24/2010, 10:20 pm

deadthunder2_0 wrote:
warbird x is the warbird tthat came right before the melak

Oh I thought you meant the Vas'kolohr(sp?). Lemme look it up. I am sure I have seen it somewhere.
Back to top Go down
FA Zeus
Romulan Admiral
Romulan Admiral
FA Zeus

Romulan Warbirds Empty
PostSubject: D'deridex Class   Romulan Warbirds I_icon_minitime1/24/2010, 11:45 pm

The Romulan Empire had a long period where they had not contact with any of the other Governments within the Milky Way Galaxy. During this time, they made many advances and built a very respectable fleet. One of the most important ships of their fleet is the Warbird. This ship is about the same size as the Federation Galaxy class but due to the fact that the ship is a true combatant, the ship carries a heavier armament than the Galaxy class does. The only real advantage the Galaxy class has over the Warbird is that it can attain higher warp speeds. The discovery of the Romulan Warbird was one of the reasons behind the Federation developing the Sovereign class Battlecruiser. The Sovereign class does have more firepower than the Warbird but in reality is only slightly superior to the Warbird in most respects. The Romulans keep tighter controls on their captains than the Federation does. They do this by the fact that several of the ships crew members are in reality Romulan Intelligence personnel.

These ships are generally a lower tech ship than the Federation Galaxy class. Much of the huge cost of the Galaxy class was the Phaser Arrays. The Romulans opted for another approach, they simply designed more powerful disruptors and mounted the weapons in standard banks. The ship has a total of eleven banks of disruptors for a total of 22 disruptors. The Galaxy class vaunted phaser strips actually cannot fire as many shots at one time as the disruptors on the Warbird can and the Warbird can in reality inflict more damage even though the are more powerful on an individual mount basis. The torpedo launchers are as good as those carried on the Galaxy class but the Romulan ship carries twice as many launchers. This gives the D'deridex a marked advantage against the Federation's Galaxy class.

Like almost all Romulan Ships (it may actually be all) ships, the Warbird has a powerful cloaking. The ship can use this to hide from other ships using both sensor and visual masking. This cloaking device is more advanced than those used by the Klingons. The Federation is capable of designing as advanced cloaking device designs but they were forbidden by treaty to fit them on their ships.
Back to top Go down
RifleMan80
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
RifleMan80

Romulan Warbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romulan Warbirds   Romulan Warbirds I_icon_minitime1/26/2010, 3:36 am

If you wonna talk about anything Romulan, including the Warbird, Zeus is your man.
Back to top Go down
FA Zeus
Romulan Admiral
Romulan Admiral
FA Zeus

Romulan Warbirds Empty
PostSubject: More Romulan Info   Romulan Warbirds I_icon_minitime3/23/2010, 2:24 pm

Affiliation : Romulan
Type : Battleship

Length : 1,041.65
Beam : 772.43
Height : 285.47
Decks : 82

4,320,0008 metric tons (estimated)
1,500, troops and officers

68 x Class 21 disrupter cannon, total output 66,500 TeraWatts
12 x S2 photon torpedo tube8 with 800 rounds

Standard shield system, total capacity 2,295,000 TeraJoules
Standard Duranium/Tritanium Double hull plus 11 cm High density armour.
Standard level Structural Integrity Field

Normal Cruise : 5
Maximum Cruise : 9
Maximum Rated : 9.5 for 10 hours.

Expected Hull Life : 60
Refit Cycle : Minor : 2 year
Standard : 2 years
Major : 10 years

Notes : For much of the operational life of the Romulan Warbird, Starfleet knew absolutely nothing about it. Indeed, it was not until 2364 that any Starfleet personnel even saw a Warbird firsthand. Prior to this only the haziest of intelligence reports existed concerning any class of Romulan vessel. An encounter between a Romulan Warbird and the USS Enterprise at the Romulan neutral zone in that year provided Starfleet with its first good information on the Warbird. The first impressions were not comforting ones; the Romulan vessel was almost double the length of the Enterprise, itself then the largest and most powerful vessel in Starfleet. The Warbird's cloaking device was highly effective against the latest Federation sensors, and the great size of the vessel indicated that it outgunned Starfleets finest by a considerable margin.

Over the next few years Starfleet intelligence devoted considerable resources to the new Romulan threat; the defection of Admiral Jarok promised to be a famous intelligence coup, but disappointingly it proved to be a disinformation ploy by the Romulans. The return of former Ensign DeSeve, who had previously defected to the Romulan Empire in 2349, generated a good deal of background information on the Romulan military structure and the general capability of their fleet, but provided little specific detail. The Federation's greatest victory in the intelligence war occurred shortly after the defection of DeSeve when Vice Proconsul M'ret and two of his aides defected. M'ret, who had served on several defence related councils in the Romulan Senate, was able to provide a great deal of detailed information on the capabilities of the Warbird - among other things.

The appearances of overwhelming size and strength was to prove somewhat deceptive. Much of the vessels internal volume is given over to ground forces and their supporting equipment. Although the disrupter armament is impressive, the technology behind it is significantly behind that of the Federations phaser banks; the disrupters have a high power but relatively low rate of fire and somewhat limited range. The twelve torpedo tubes are capable of firing only one torpedo each at a time, and have a combined rate of fire some 80% that of the two tubes of a Galaxy class battle section. The Warbird is somewhat slower than a Galaxy class starship, and also a great deal less agile. The Federation has also made considerable progress in defeating the Romulan cloaking technology in the past few years; the deployment of wide area tachyon nets along the border together with advanced sensor posts has made penetrating Federation space a rather chancy proposition for the Warbird.

Nevertheless, the Romulan Warbird remains an impressive design which is capable of defeating all but the most advanced and powerful Federation vessels. Starfleet continues to treat these behemoths with a considerable degree of respect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Romulan Warbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romulan Warbirds   Romulan Warbirds I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Romulan Warbirds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RifleMan80's Star Trek Forum :: Star Trek Central-
Jump to: